Since 28 June 2007, all Health Care Centres may prepare medical documentation in an electronic form.
The legal basis is the Regulation of the Minister of Health of 21 December 2010 on the Types and Scope of Medical Documentation in Health Care Centres and the Manner of its Processing (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] 2010 No. 252, item 1697).
The major benefits that accrue from implementation of electronic documentation include:
- keeping medical documentation in one form instead of two forms,
- simplification of archiving,
- streamlining of processes related to the circulation of documents,
- less time consuming and labour intensive procedures,
- reduction of the operating costs,
- competitive advantage over less modern entities.
The best way to ensure the integrity of an electronic document and to identify a person providing health services, as required by the Regulation, is to use a qualified electronic signature..
A qualified electronic signature can be created with the use of the sets offered by KIR. See the products we offer and the pricelist for individual sets for creating electronic signatures.
The above set can also be used to create an electronic signature for other purposes, such as e-Statements, transferring data to the General Inspector of Financial Information (GIIF) or sending data to the Social Insurance Institution (ZUS).
Additionally, to increase the level of security and for the purpose of proper storage of electronic documents, the so-called time-stamp can be used, which is a service complementary to the trust services. This service is separately charged.
It is possible to integrate the electronic signature functionality offered by KIR with third-party solutions (i.e. the integrator of the IT system). Software components, such as programming libraries and Web Module will allow significant automation of the process of creating an electronic signature.
Our services relating to the signing of medical documentation have already been used by:
- LuxMed Group
- The Dr Anna Gostyńska Wolski Hospital in Warsaw
- The St. Barbara Provincial Specialist Hospital No. 5 in Sosnowiec
- Synevo Polska Sp. z o.o.
- Laboratorium Diagnostyczne DD-Lab [Diagnostic Laboratory]
- ALAB Laboratoria Sp. z o.o.
- CM LIM Laboratoria Sp. z o.o.
- Centrum Diagnostyki Laboratoryjnej NZOZ [Centre of Laboratory Diagnostics, Non-Public Health Care Centre]